Friday, June 15, 2012

Trips home and dancing with Daddy (or playing football)

So Alayna and I went home to PA for about 10 days.  I got to see my new baby granddaughter, W and her Mom, C along with C's other two children A & K.  It was an enjoyable and I loved seeing and holding that precious baby.  Besides it was nice to just get away from the drama of this place for a moment. 
Sometimes things happen and make you realize just how lucky you are to have the people in your life that you do.  Just something as kind as giving someone some candies and making their day makes you realize that to have had those people in your life all your life you were truly very lucky. 
My dad has always taken care of my vehicles, pretty much--even if my husbands knew about cars, he just always checked things out.  He changed my winter tires back to the regular tires on the van while I was home.  The tires were ok, but not great... He took them and got all new tires on the van because it was suppose to rain on our way back home to VA and he was worried it would be unsafe.  We had planned on getting tires in a few months when we had saved up enough to do so--but now we don't have to worry. 
It's always been like that.  My parents have been there for me for as long as I can remember.  Whether it was some money to go skating, or go to a dance, a car to get back and forth to school, paying for school, being there when my life was falling apart and helping me pack and pick up the pieces.

 So on this Father's Day weekend I just wanted to say how much I appreciated both of my parents through all my life...realizing more so in later years, because as we all know when we are young we know everything and the parents know nothing. 
That would be how I would rate my parents... and I only wish everyone were so lucky.  I hope that I can be as good to my daughter as they have been to me. 

Now I watch my husband be a father to our daughter.  Today he listened to her book report and went and played football with her outside for a while after dinner.  Little things but it means so much to her.  Ever see the movie Courageous?  Yea, you have to dance with them when they ask so there are no regrets.

I'm lucky to have both of them in my life.  Do they drive me crazy sometimes--of course, wouldn't be human if we just got along all the time and did all the same things and thought all the same things.  But I love them both and would never want to be without them. 

I'm doing ok--so very tired of hurting all the time.  It never gets any better, only worse and then back to the 'normal' level of pain.  I'm still waiting on my verdict on my appeal for social security disability.  All those years I took care of others I never thought I would be in this position.  Doing things like shopping and errands just wears me out.  The trip to PA and back set me back days. 

So this blog is sort of boring... guess I just don't want to think about the non-boring stuff right now.  There is some, but I'll save it for another day.  Happy Father's day to all the Father's out there..
Especially my DAD and my HUSBAND <3

No comments:

Post a Comment